A few people have approached me about continuing the My System series, but I don't feel up to it yet. What business do I have teaching others strategy at this point? On the weeks I don't meet with my coach, I'm coaching a 700 USCF who loves chess and has been studying and playing for over a decade without the rating points to show for it. We meet at a coffee shop and play some blitz or study her games... that's also helping me keep up my pace. :)
Round 1: 1703 vs likesforests
A bagel would cost me this win. Really; it wasn't my fault!
- Bring extra food so you never end up playing on an empty stomach.
- 4-6 ply into a calculated line, review your calculations.
Round 2: likesforests vs 1942
Inattention and redemption, followed by time-trouble bumbling.
- Focus! I can't afford to let Black equalize on move three.
Round 3: likesforests vs 1658
A demonstration of how not to play the King's Indian Defense.
- My tactical ability is still mediocre.
- My live chess.com sparring record the past two weeks was +8, =1, -2. I need stronger sparring partners (like these) who are more likely to reveal my flaws.